Thursday 10 March 2016

Hema Malini says there is a dearth of opportunities for older actresses in Hindi films


Hema Malini says there is a dearth of opportunities for older actresses in Hindi films unlike in Hollywood, where quality roles get written for female stars of all ages. Malini, who has starred in more than 150 films during her glorious career, feels she can still play a variety of characters on screen but feels quality roles are hard to come by. “Internationally, such beautiful films are made with elderly actresses but that doesn’t happen here. They don’t want to invest money because filmmaking is too expensive so why would they risk it with me? That’s the problem… No one comes to me with (good roles),” the 67-year-old actress told PTI. “Meryl Streep is doing fantastic work. She is of my age. I can also do so many things but I need opportunities for that,” she added.


No comments:

Post a Comment